AFL Round 11: Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans
Saturday, June 1
Game Time: 4.35pm
Gates Open: 2.30pm
Geelong will be looking to turn the tables on recent history, as Sydney have defeated the Cats in their last three clashes at GMHBA Stadium.
Make sure you join the conversation on social media:
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets. Please see the Getting Here page of our website for more information about parking and accessing the Stadium via public transport.
To assist with public safety and access to the ground, Moorabool Street (from Fyans Street to Kilgour Street) will be closed to all traffic 1.5 hours pre-AFL game.
A single lane along Moorabool Street will be open to allow traffic to run north to south 15 minutes after the start of the first quarter and will remain in place until the start of the last quarter.
The full road closure will then resume at approximately 6.50pm and will remain for up to 1.5 hours post-AFL game to allow patrons to exit the Stadium safely.
The temporary changed traffic conditions apply to the following locations:
- Moorabool Street between Kilgour Street and Fyans Street
- Access to: Strong, Lonsdale, Verner, Foster and Balliang Streets will be available via Yarra Street, during the temporary road closure. Please expect delays.
- Access to Hopkins Street and Park Crescent for residence will be available via Fyans St.
Access for Emergency Services will be maintained at all times.
Changed traffic conditions inside the Kardinia Park Precinct will take effect pre-game. The internal road between A2 drop-off zone and A3 (Premiership Stand) car park will be closed to all traffic.
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Patrons and their possessions may also be subject to random and continuous security measures through the use of hand-held wands. For more information about event security measures at GMHBA Stadium, please view the Conditions of Entry page of our website.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- Am I allowed to bring a water bottle into this event?
Patrons are permitted to bring sealed plastic water bottles into the Stadium up to 600ml. As per the Conditions of Entry opened drink containers are strictly not permitted into the Stadium. Consider the environment and bring a re-usable water bottle to refill at one of 10 bottle refill stations available around the Stadium.
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Supporter Buses - Supporter buses will enter off Latrobe Terrace into Park Crescent and park in front of the marked bus bay outside Kardinia Pool. This is where passengers are to hop on and off the bus. These buses will stay here for the duration of the match. Please pay attention to signage.
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the AFL.
- V/Line - GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station. V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line. Please visit the V/Line website to plan your journey to and from the AFL. Keep up to date with service disruptions by visiting the V/Line Twitter account.
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Limited paid public car parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct. Car parking fees:
- $15 Non-members
- $10 GFC Members
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- How can I report anti-social behaviour during this event?
If you see anti-social behaviour at the game, please report it to our text line on 0488 252 000. If you would like to raise any concerns outside of event days, please send an email to email@example.com
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
- Is GMHBA Stadium accessible to all?
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs.
- Is there lift access available on event days?
There is a lift located within the Premiership Stand providing access to Levels 1 and 3 with a disabled seating ticket. A public lift is located in the Players Stand providing access to Ground, 1 and 2. There is also a lift located in Sports House/Reg Hickey Stand which provides access to Levels 1, 2 and 3. This particular lift is in a restricted entry point – patrons who need this lift must register prior to the match with the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust Management Team on 03 5224 9111.
- I have heard GMHBA Stadium has a Sensory Room, where is it located?
The Sensory Zone is located inside the Deakin Cats Community Centre (Gate 8) and Sensory Backpacks are available from three locations around
- Welcome desk at Brownlow Stand
- First Aid Room in the Ford Stand
- Deakin Cats Community Centre in the Players Stand
- Can I bring a pram or stroller into GMHBA Stadium?
Yes, prams and strollers can bought into the Stadium if they can fit comfortably under your seat otherwise there is a free cloaking service available at Gate 13, which located on the Latrobe Terrace side of the Stadium, or the Sports House entry, which is located on Moorabool Street.
- Is there somewhere I can breastfeed or warm bottles?
Yes, there is a parents room at the Northern End of the Brownlow Stand that has baby changing, breastfeeding and bottle warming facilities.
- Where can I purchase tickets?
Tickets are available through Ticketmaster or the Cats Shop - 1300 GO CATS
- I have General Admission tickets, where will I be sitting?
General Admission tickets grant you access to the Gary Abblet Terrace. The majority of GA is standing, however there is seating available on a first come, first served basis. We recommend arriving early for matches at the Stadium for the best chance to secure a seat. The whole General Admission area is not undercover.