Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets
A-League Round 21 – Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets
Saturday 2nd March, 2019.
Adults from $20
Tickets available from TICKETMASTER or at the gate.
Gates Open: 6.50pm (Enter through Gate 1 – Polly Farmer, Gate 5 – Bernie Smith or Gate 13 – Doug Wade)
Game Time: 7.50pm
A-League returns to GMHBA Stadium this Saturday with an exciting Grand Final rematch between Melbourne Victory and the Newcastle Jets. This is the second time Victory and Jets have gone head to head on the hallowed turf of GMHBA Stadium and the fifth time Victory have played a home game in Geelong.
Despite extending their unbeaten run to four games last week, Newcastle Jets still sit at seventh position on the ladder, while Melbourne Victory currently hold onto third position. This is must-win game for the Jets if they want to secure a spot in the finals. Both teams will be competing fiercely as they enter into the business end of the season, ensuring that this will be another must-see game for fans.
Make sure you join the conversation on social media:
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets. Please see the Getting Here page of our website for more information.
There will be no road closures for this event
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Patrons and their possessions may also be subject to random and continuous security measures through the use of hand-held wands. For more information about event security measures at GMHBA Stadium, please view the Conditions of Entry page of our website. Please click here for a visual list of items that are not allowed into GMHBA Stadium.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- Am I allowed to bring a water bottle into this event?
Patrons are permitted to bring sealed plastic water bottles into the Stadium up to 600ml. As per the Conditions of Entry opened drink containers are strictly not permitted into the Stadium. There will be water bottle refill stations available at Gate 1.
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Supporter Buses - Supporter buses will enter off Latrobe Terrace into Park Crescent and park in front of the marked bus bay outside Kardinia Pool. This is where passengers are to hop on and off the bus. These buses will stay here for the duration of the match. Please pay attention to signage.
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the A-League.
- V/Line - GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station. V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line. Please visit the V/Line website to plan your journey to and from the A-League. PLEASE NOTE - V/Line will be running a hot weather timetable, which you can view here. Keep up to date with service disruptions by visiting the V/Line Twitter account.
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Limited paid public car parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct. Car parking fees:
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- Which gate do we enter through for this event?
Entry to this event is through
- Gate 1 – Polly Farmer: Located at the northern end of the venue. Patrons looking to access the Gary Ablett Terrace, Ford Stand, Hickey Stand and also Peroni Lounge should enter through this entry point.
- Gate 5 – Bernie Smith: Located at the southern end of the venue. Patrons with seat in the Players Stand, Southern Terrace, Hickey Stand or the Peroni Lounge should enter through this gate.
- Gate 13 – Bob Davis: Located on the western side of the ground. Patrons wishing to access the Brownlow Stand should enter through this point. This is the main access point for the Geelong Social Club area. They can also access the Premiership Stand and the Players Stand by walking along the Level 1 concourse.
- How can I report anti-social behaviour during this event?
If you see anti-social behaviour at the game, please report it to our text line on 0488 252 000. If you would like to raise any concerns outside of event days, please send an email to email@example.com
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs. You can view maps of GMHBA Stadium and Kardinia Park Precinct here.
- Am I able to bring a stroller or pram to this event?
You are welcome to bring prams and strollers into the GMHBA Stadium, however for safety reasons, strollers and prams may not be permitted into the seating bowl unless they can be stowed under a seat. Our friendly staff will assist you in cloaking your stroller or pram in either the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust Office (in the Brownlow Stand) or in Sports House (Reg Hickey Stand). Please Contact Us if you have any questions or require more information.
- I have a General Admission ticket, where will I be sitting for this event?
General Admission ticket holders will have access to seating in the Players Stand and seating and standing areas in the Gary Ablett Terrace. Seating in General Admission is unreserved so make sure you arrive early to secure your spot.