JLT Community Series: Geelong vs Essendon
JLT Community Series – Geelong vs Essendon
Thursday 7th March, 2019
2019 Geelong Cats access members (barcoded membership card) will have free general admission entry into the match (subject to availability). Members are required to present their valid 2019 membership card at the venue for scanning.
Gates Open: 3.30pm (Enter through Gate 13)
Game Time: 4.00pm
Gates Open: 5.40pm (Enter through Gates 1, 5, and 13)
Game Time: 7.10pm
The Cats will kick off their 2019 pre-season at GMHBA Stadium with a thrilling Thursday night match against Essendon on March 7. JLT match ticket holders have also have access to watch the Cats take on Essendon in a VFL pre-season match.
Geelong will be searching for a win this Thursday after losing their first JLT match to last year’s premiers West Coast in Perth.
Make sure you join the conversation on social media:
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets. Please see the Getting Here page of our website for more information about parking and accessing the Stadium via public transport.
Changed traffic conditions inside the Kardinia Park Precinct will take effect pre-game. The internal road between A2 drop-off zone and A3 (Premiership Stand) car park will be closed to all traffic.
To assist with public safety and access to the ground, Moorabool Street (from Fyans Street to Kilgour Street) will be closed to all traffic 1.5 hours pre-AFL game.
A single lane along Moorabool Street will be open to allow traffic to run north to south 15 minutes after the start of the first quarter and will remain in place until the start of the last quarter.
The full road closure will then resume at approximately 9.45pm and will remain for up to 1.5 hours post-AFL game to allow patrons to exit the Stadium safely.
The temporary changed traffic conditions apply to the following locations:
Moorabool Street between Kilgour Street and Fyans Street
Access to: Strong, Lonsdale, Verner, Foster and Balliang Streets will be available via Yarra Street, during the temporary road closure. Please expect delays.
Access to Hopkins Street and Park Crescent for residence will be available via Fyans St.
Access for Emergency Services will be maintained at all times.
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Patrons and their possessions may also be subject to random and continuous security measures through the use of hand-held wands. For more information about event security measures at GMHBA Stadium, please view the Conditions of Entry page of our website.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- Am I allowed to bring a water bottle into this event?
Patrons are permitted to bring sealed plastic water bottles into the Stadium up to 600ml. As per the Conditions of Entry opened drink containers are strictly not permitted into the Stadium. There will be water bottle refill stations available.
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Supporter Buses - Supporter buses will enter off Latrobe Terrace into Park Crescent and park in front of the marked bus bay outside Kardinia Pool. This is where passengers are to hop on and off the bus. These buses will stay here for the duration of the match. Please pay attention to signage.
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the football.
- V/Line - GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station. V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line. Please visit the V/Line website to plan your journey to and from the AFL. Keep up to date with service disruptions by visiting the V/Line Twitter account.
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Limited paid public car parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct. Car parking fees:
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- Which gates can I enter through for this event?
Entry to this event is through
- Gate 1 – Polly Farmer: Located at the northern end of the venue. Patrons looking to access the Gary Ablett Terrace, Ford Stand, Hickey Stand and also Peroni Lounge should enter through this entry point.
- Gate 5 – Bernie Smith: Located at the southern end of the venue. Patrons with seat in the Players Stand, Southern Terrace, Hickey Stand or the Peroni Lounge should enter through this gate.
- Gate 13 – Bob Davis: Located on the western side of the ground. Patrons wishing to access the Brownlow Stand should enter through this point. This is the main access point for the Geelong Social Club area. They can also access the Premiership Stand and the Players Stand by walking along the Level 1 concourse.
- How can I report anti-social behaviour during this event?
If you see anti-social behaviour at the game, please report it to our text line on 0488 252 000. If you would like to raise any concerns outside of event days, please send an email to email@example.com
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
- Is GMHBA Stadium accessible to all?
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs
- Am I able to bring a stroller or pram to this event?
You are welcome to bring prams and strollers into the GMHBA Stadium, however for safety reasons, strollers and prams may not be permitted into the seating bowl unless they can be stowed under a seat. Our friendly staff will assist you in cloaking your stroller or pram. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or require more information.