Celebration of Female Football
The Celebration on Female Football is back, and it will be even bigger and better than last year. With even more matches, this community event will showcase Geelong’s grassroots through to premier female soccer talent, from Under 12’s through to Senior teams.
The family-friendly community event will see teams from Galaxy United and Box Hill United compete in five WNPL games throughout the day, culminating in a Senior clash under lights. Under 12 teams from around Geelong will also have the exciting opportunity to play on the ‘hallowed turf’.
The day will also include the presentation of the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust Female Football Administrator of the Year Award.
The Celebration of Female Football event kicks off at 9.30am, with FREE entry and FREE activities, which complement the participation and promotion of women in sport.
The schedule for the day will be as follows (subject to change):
Geelong Cricket Ground
10.00am – u12 NPLW Galaxy vs Box Hill
11.30am – u14 NPLW Galaxy vs Box Hill
9.30am – u16 NPLW match Galaxy vs Box Hill
11.15am – u19 NPLW match Galaxy vs Box Hill
1.30pm – Geelong u12 teams
3.30pm – Geelong Region Senior match
5.30pm – Senior NPLW match Galaxy vs Box Hill
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets. Please see the Getting Here page of our website for more information about parking and accessing the Stadium via public transport.
There will be no road closures for this event.
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Patrons and their possessions may also be subject to random and continuous security measures through the use of hand-held wands. For more information about event security measures at GMHBA Stadium, please view the Conditions of Entry page of our website.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- Am I allowed to bring a water bottle into this event?
Patrons are permitted to bring sealed plastic water bottles into the Stadium up to 600ml. As per the Conditions of Entry opened drink containers are strictly not permitted into the Stadium. Consider the environment and bring a re-usable water bottle to refill at one of 10 bottle refill stations available around the Stadium.
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Supporter Buses - Supporter buses will enter off Latrobe Terrace into Park Crescent and park in front of the marked bus bay outside Kardinia Pool. This is where passengers are to hop on and off the bus. These buses will stay here for the duration of the match. Please pay attention to signage.
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the AFL.
- V/Line - GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station. V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line. Please visit the V/Line website to plan your journey to and from the Celebration of Female Football. Keep up to date with service disruptions by visiting the V/Line Twitter account.
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Car parking can be accessed from:
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
- Is GMHBA Stadium accessible to all?
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs