BBL: Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder
Big Bash League – Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder
Thursday 19 December 2019
Game Time: 7:10 PM
Gates Open: 5.30 PM
The Melbourne Renegades return to their home away from home, bringing all the Big Bash fun and colour back to GMHBA Stadium! There will be plenty of pre-game fun and prizes to be won!
Activations Around the Ground
- Photo opportunity with Santa and his Elf
- Meet and Greet Melbourne Renegades Mascots Sledge and Willow
- Woolworths bus and smoothie station
- Mars player cutouts
- Renegades Fan Zone – Inflatables games and Renegades Van and Merchandise Caravan
- Unveiling Premiership Flag
- Don’t miss the Bat Flip at 6.25pm
Get your hands on these giveaways around the ground:
- KFC Bucket Heads (Gates 1,5 & 13 from 6pm)
- Four (4) and Six (6) cards
- Nylex Thundersticks
- Santa Hat
- Renegades Stash
Please note that due to Vline industrial action, buses will replace trains on all journeys on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines on Thursday 19 December. Please visit vline.com.au or see our FAQ section below for more information.
Make sure you join the conversation on social media:
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets. Please see the Getting Here page of our website for more information about parking and accessing the Stadium via public transport.
To assist with public safety and access to the ground, Moorabool Street (from Fyans Street to Kilgour Street) will be closed to all traffic 1.5 hours pre-A-League game, approximately 6.00 pm.
A single lane along Moorabool Street will be open to allow traffic to run north to south at 6.15 pm 15 minutes after the start of the match and will remain in place until the full road closure is resumed. Full road closure will then resume at approximately 9.15 pm and will remain for up to 1.5 hours post-BBL, approx. 10.25 pm, game to allow patrons to exit the Stadium safely.
The temporary changed traffic conditions apply to the following locations:
- Moorabool Street between Kilgour Street and Fyans Street
- Access to: Strong, Lonsdale, Verner, Foster and Balliang Streets will be available via Yarra Street, during the temporary road closure. Please expect delays.
- Access to Hopkins Street and Park Crescent for residence will be available via Fyans St.
Changed traffic conditions inside the Kardinia Park Precinct will take effect pre-game. The internal road between A2 drop-off zone and A3 (Premiership Stand) car park will be closed to all traffic.
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Patrons and their possessions may also be subject to random and continuous security measures through the use of hand-held wands. For more information about event security measures at GMHBA Stadium, please view the Conditions of Entry page of our website.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- Am I allowed to bring a water bottle into this event?
Patrons are permitted to bring sealed plastic water bottles into the Stadium up to 600ml. As per the Conditions of Entry opened drink containers are strictly not permitted into the Stadium. Consider the environment and bring a re-usable water bottle to refill at one of 10 bottle refill stations available around the Stadium.
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the BBL.
- V/Line - Please note that due to industrial action, buses will replace trains on all journeys on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines on Thursday 19 December.Due to industrial action, buses will replace trains on all journeys on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines on Thursday 19 December.Members and fans travelling to our opening BBL match against the Sydney Thunder can board replacement coaches at Southern Cross Station and alight at South Geelong Station. There will be additional coaches at South Geelong Station after the match.
Please allow an extra 60 minutes for your journey.
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line coach replacement services
- No pets or hot food/liquids allowed on replacement coaches
- Customers require a valid myki or paper ticket to travel on all V/Line replacement coach services. Please touch on and touch off your myki to ensure you pay the correct fare
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive and depart from the Southern Cross Station coach terminal located on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street
- Customers needing special assistance please call 1800 800 007 before travelling
- For the latest up-to-date information visit vline.com.au or follow us on Twitter @vline_geelong
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Limited paid public car parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct. Car parking fees:
- 4.30 PM
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- How can I report anti-social behaviour during this event?
If you see anti-social behaviour at the game, please report it to our text line on 0488 252 000. If you would like to raise any concerns outside of event days, please send an email to email@example.com
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
- Is GMHBA Stadium accessible to all?
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs.
- I have heard GMHBA Stadium has a Sensory Room, where is it located?
The Sensory Zone will be open for every match of the A-League season and is located inside the Deakin Cats Community Centre (Gate 8) and Sensory Backpacks are available from three locations around
- Welcome desk at Brownlow Stand
- First Aid Room in the Ford Stand
- Deakin Cats Community Centre in the Players Stand
- Can I bring a pram or stroller into GMHBA Stadium?
Yes, prams and strollers can be brought into the Stadium if they can fit comfortably under your seat otherwise there is a free cloaking service available at the Sports House entry, which is located on Moorabool Street.
- Where can I purchase tickets?