AFLW 3.0 GEELONG CATS VS CARLTON BLUES
AFLW3.0 Round 4 – Geelong Cats vs Carlton Blues
Saturday 23 February, 2019
FREE entry to all AFLW matches.
Gates Open: 3.45pm
Game Time: 4.45pm
The Geelong Cats return to GMHBA Stadium to play the The Blues in front of a home crowd this Saturday evening. Things are set to heat up in Geelong with both the Cats and the Blues holding the top two positions on the Conference B ladder. Each team has one win and two losses to their name as they head into round four.
Mel Hickey and Rachelle Cranston are both set to play their first games in Geelong for the season after missing the first two rounds of the AFLW3.0 season due to injury and suspension respectively. The girls are sure to put on another thrilling home game.
Make sure you join the conversation on social media:
GMHBA Stadium is accessible by both car and public transport. Limited paid public parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct on event days, with parking available in the surrounding streets.
Entry to this event will be through Gate 1 - Polly Farmer, Gate 5 – Bernie Smith and Gate 13 - Bob Davis. Please see the below FAQ's for more information about parking and accessing the Stadium via public transport.
Changed traffic conditions inside the Kardinia Park Precinct will take effect pre-game. The internal road between A2 drop-off zone and A3 (Premiership Stand) car park will be closed to all traffic.
To assist with public safety and access to the ground, Moorabool Street (from Fyans Street to Kilgour Street) will be closed to all traffic 1.5 hours pre-AFL game. A single southbound lane along Moorabool Street will remain open for the duration of the event.
The temporary changed traffic conditions apply to the following locations: Moorabool Street between Kilgour Street and Fyans Street Please expect delays.
Access to: Strong, Lonsdale, Verner, Foster and Balliang Streets will be available via Yarra Street, during the temporary road closure.
Access to Hopkins Street and Park Crescent for residence will be available via Fyans St.
Access for Emergency Services will be maintained at all times.
All persons and their possessions will be subject to bag searches before entering the Stadium. Please view the Conditions of Entry for more information.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by the Conditions of Entry.
Click here to see the full conditions of entry.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any items that cannot be bought into GMHBA Stadium?
- How do I get to GMHBA Stadium?
- Supporter Buses - Supporter buses will enter off Latrobe Terrace into Park Crescent and park in front of the marked bus bay outside Kardinia Pool. This is where passengers are to hop on and off the bus. These buses will stay here for the duration of the match. Please pay attention to signage.
- Buses - As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street during most events, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 may be diverted 1 hour prior to the event until approximately 30 minutes after the match. Visit the Public Transport Victoria website for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the AFLW.
- V/Line - GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station. V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line. Please visit the V/Line website to plan your journey to and from the NRL.
- Car - Geelong is 75 kilometres from Melbourne via the Westgate Bridge and Princes Highway. In Geelong the Princes Highway becomes Latrobe Terrace (no turns required), making the stadium’s main entrance from Latrobe Terrace easily located.
- Where can I park at GMHBA Stadium for this event?
Limited paid public car parking is available within the Kardinia Park Precinct. Car parking fees:
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only) All corporate guests parking in A3 will be required to enter via Entrance B – Latrobe Terrace.
- Which gates can I enter through for this event?
Entry to this event will be through
- Gate 1 - Polly Farmer
- Gate 5 – Bernie Smith
- Gate 13 - Bob Davis
- How can I report anti-social behaviour during this event?
If you see anti-social behaviour at the game, please report it to our text line on 0488 252 000. If you would like to raise any concerns outside of event days, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I contact GMHBA Stadium?
Please visit the Contact Us section of the website here.
- Is GMHBA Stadium accessible to all?
Kardinia Park Stadium Trust are committed to ensuring GMHBA Stadium is a comfortable and supported environment for all, including those with access needs. Please view the Visitor Information section of our website to view full details of the services available for visitors with access needs