Geelong v Sydney
Get ready for an intense match at GMHBA Stadium this Saturday. The Geelong Cats are going head to head with the Sydney Swans with a home ground edge. Get down early and be ready to roar.
To assist with public safety and access to the ground, Moorabool Street (from Fyans Street to Kilgour Street) will be closed to all traffic 1.5 hours pre-AFL game.
The temporary changed traffic conditions apply to the following locations:
- Moorabool Street between Kilgour Street and Fyans Street
- Access to: Strong, Lonsdale, Verner, Foster and Balliang Streets will be available via Yarra Street, during the temporary road closure. Please expect delays.
- Access to Hopkins Street and Park Crescent for residence will be available via Fyans St.
Access for Emergency Services will be maintained at all times.
Limited paid car parking is available for the public at the Kardinia Park precinct.
Car parking fees:
- $10 GFC members
- $15 public
The car parking within the precinct will be open from 10:45am to the public.
Please note, some car parks are closed in inclement weather.
This car parking can be accessed from:
- Entrance A: via Kilgour Street
- Entrance C: via Park Crescent
- Entrance E: via The City end of Moorabool Street (accessible parking only).
There is also available car parking in the surrounding streets.
The drop off area is located at car park A2 via Kilgour Street.
Supporter buses are to drop patrons off at Yarra Street and the patrons are to walk across to GMHBA Stadium. Parking is available at the Barwon Valley Activity Centre (BVAC) for supporter buses for the duration of the game. Pick up will also be from Yarra St after the game. Please pay attention to signage.
As a result of the changed traffic conditions on Moorabool Street, bus routes 1, 24, 41, 42, 50, 51 and 55 will be diverted to Yarra Street. This will apply for 1.5 hours prior to the event until 1.5 hours after the match. The Moorabool Street bus stops between Fyans Street and Kilgour Street will not be serviced during the period of the temporary road closures.
Visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au for further information on these changes or to plan your journey to and from the football.
GMHBA Stadium is just a five minute walk from South Geelong Station.
V/Line trains run from Southern Cross to South Geelong station on the Geelong line, with special footy trains running on match days.
Check the personalised AFL timetable by V/Line here
Cheersquad Seating is located in the following:
- Home Cheersquad – Players Stand, Bay A17
- Away Cheersquad – Gary Ablett Terrace, Bay A44
Facebook: Kardinia Park