Conditions of Entry
KARDINIA PARK STADIUM TRUST CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please click HERE to view a a visual list of items that are not allowed into GMHBA Stadium.
The following Conditions of Entry shall apply to all ticket holders attending the event. By attending the event spectators agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry.
1. Ticket – Patrons must not:
(a) resell or transfer, or attempt to resell or transfer, the ticket at a premium;
(b) use the ticket for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services; or
(c) package the ticket with other goods and services. Tickets must be carried at all times and produced upon request.
2. Refund/Exchange – Tickets will not be refunded or exchanged except in accordance with the “Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia” (the Code), available at www.liveperformance.com.au.
3. Refusal of Entry/Eviction – Kardinia Park Stadium Trust (KPST) reserve the right to refuse entry or evict any person:
(a) who breaches these Conditions of Entry or who has reasonable grounds to believe is likely to breach these Conditions of Entry;
(b) who jeopardises safety or security at the Stadium or event;
(c) deemed to be intoxicated or disorderly or under the influence of drugs;
(d) attempting to bring in, or found in possession of, Prohibited or Restricted Items;
(e) engaging in a Prohibited or Restricted Activity;
(f) failing to comply with lawful directions by KPST, Police, or Security staff;
(g) previously issued with a Court Banning Notice, Code Administrator or KPST Banning Notice that still applies; or
(h) not authorised to be in the Stadium e.g. without a valid entry ticket or accreditation.
4. Security Screening – All persons and their possessions will be subject to searches before entering the Stadium and may be subject to search upon exit. Persons who refuse to participate may be denied entry or asked to leave the Stadium. Any person having entered the Stadium and found to be in possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Item, shall have such item confiscated.
5. Surveillance – For the safety and security of patrons and staff, surveillance cameras may be operating in and around the Stadium. All persons entering the Stadium consent to having their image recorded and held for a specified period. In the event of an incident, any footage obtained may be provided to Police and the Contract Security Provider and used to prosecute or support the implementation of a ban on a person, or for other law enforcement purposes.
6. Prohibited/Restricted Items – The following is a non-exhaustive list of items that are prohibited by law and are not permitted to enter the Stadium:
(a) illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs; and
(b) flares, fireworks, weapons, explosives and smoke bombs.
The following items are considered restricted and are not permitted to enter the Stadium:
(a) alcoholic beverages;
(b) glass bottles, cans and breakable containers;
(c) opened drink containers;
(d) missiles of any description;
(e) recreational equipment such as skateboards, rollerblades and bicycles;
(f) animals and pets (other than Assistance Dogs);
(g) laser pointers;
(h) non-accredited photographic equipment and recording devices for commercial purposes including audio and video equipment;
(i) confetti or shredded paper;
(j) flag poles composed of materials other than plastic or wood or greater than 1.5 metres in length;
(k) signs, banners, flags and clothing displaying offensive, political, National, racial or unauthorised commercial material;
(l) eskies, coolers and iceboxes too large to be stored under a seat; and
(m) any item determined by KPST that may cause injury, public nuisance or which is deemed dangerous to fellow spectators.
7. Prohibited/Restricted Activities – The following is a non-exhaustive list of activities that are restricted or prohibited within the Stadium and participation in such activities may result in eviction:
(a) Smoking anywhere within stadium grounds;
(b) displaying commercial or offensive signage;
(c) throwing objects of any description;
(d) striking or igniting flares, fireworks, explosives and or smoke bombs;
(e) offensive or racist chanting or language;
(f) concealing identity with a scarf, balaclava, mask or other item unless for a religious, medical or other justifiable reason;
(g) storage of equipment or standing/sitting in aisles or walkways; and
(h) unauthorised soliciting and customer surveying.
8. Responsible Consumption of Alcohol – All persons entering the Stadium are advised that:
(a) they are entering a licensed premise;
(b) it is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
(c) it is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors;
(d) persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police; and
(e) penalties and fines may apply under the relevant Liquor legislation.
9. Liability – Viewing of KPST events and associated activities can be dangerous and may result in injury. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk. Patrons bring personal items into the Stadium at their own risk and assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Stadium. The Hirer and the Stadium will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
10. Pass-Outs – Are issued at the discretion of the Stadium. Should pass-outs be granted, patrons wishing to re-enter the Stadium must present both the pass-out and a valid ticket to regain entry. Persons will be subject to searches upon Stadium re-entry.
11. Photographs and Broadcasts – Photographs taken within the Stadium may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. Making or distributing of broadcasts, commentary, news reports or statistics (by any means including by mobile phone or other wireless device) is prohibited.
12. Image Release – Patrons grant KPST the non-exclusive right to use their image and likeness in any form or medium, as part of any broadcast or recording of the match and for any other commercial purposes (including in advertising and promotional materials).
13. General Conditions – The following general conditions apply:
(a) patrons must occupy the seat specified on their ticket;
(b) umbrellas are permitted into the Stadium but, for the comfort of others, must not be raised in the seating bowl or concourse areas during play;
(c) for safety reasons, strollers and prams may not be permitted in the seating bowl unless they can be stowed under a seat;
(d) unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the field of play. Prosecutions may be pursued for unauthorised access to either the Stadium or field of play;
(e) patrons are responsible for their own conduct whilst in the Stadium and must pay for the cost of repair of any damage caused to the Stadium as a result of their conduct; and
(f) patrons are not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets into the stadium other than for personal consumption – 1 order per person.
14. Breach of Conditions of Entry – If Patrons breach these Conditions of Entry they may be:
(a) denied access to, or evicted from, the Stadium;
(b) banned from attending future matches at the discretion of KPST;
(c) asked for identification by KPST (including its authorised contractors, agents or employees), Police, Stadium Management or Contract Security staff.
Information collected from or on Patrons who breach the Conditions of Entry may be shared between Stadium Management, Security staff, the venue Hirer and or Police. This information may be used to prosecute or support the implementation of a ban on the person, or for other law enforcement purposes.
15. Privacy Waiver – Patrons grant consent for their name, address, date of birth and photograph to be provided to State or Federal Police or Security staff, if they are evicted from or arrested within the Stadium and for State or Federal Police to disclose to KPST the nature and result of any action or criminal proceeding initiated by Police because of their eviction from or arrest within the Stadium.
16. Privacy Notification – All persons entering the Stadium are advised, in accordance with applicable Privacy legislation, that Police may provide KPST with the name, address, date of birth and photograph of any person detained or arrested by Police at the Stadium and the nature of any action or criminal proceeding initiated by Police as a consequence so that KPST can consider, and if deemed necessary, implement a ban on the person from attending future events at KPST Stadiums.