Simonds Stadium moving in the right direction.
Simonds Stadium is continually moving forward with new and improved amenities, facilities and technology; which can be noted by the current progress of the redevelopment occurring on the western side of the ground.
The Stage 4 redevelopment that is currently occurring saw the previous Brownlow and A.R Jennings Stands demolished in October post the 2015 AFL Season to begin construction and make way for the new and breathtaking Charles Brownlow Stand.
The redevelopment will see the Charles Brownlow Stand hosting a remarkable grand entry point for patrons to enter the arena and gain a feel of pride as they walk into this striking and renowned stadium.
Stage 4 will be an incredibly important aspect to the Stadium’s redevelopment and will comprise a variety of components such as:
- A beautiful and welcoming café;
- Increased public seating including greater levels of undercover spectator seating;
- A new and improved Geelong Football Club Social Club;
- New training, administration and players’ facilities for the GFC;
- New facilities for media and broadcast personnel;
- A large, multi-purpose function room;
- A community based rehabilitation centre which will assist individuals and enable them to engage in return-to-work training, this will be known as The Sunrise Centre;
- Player welfare and development centre;
- A gymnasium and cardio area that will be the largest in the city, about three times the size of the club’s existing gym and;
- Improved game-day spaces including a Geelong Football Club shield shaped locker room, auditorium and hybrid change room to cater to the future VFL and women’s team