ADVERTISED DECEMBER 2018: FINANCE OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
|Classification:||Full Time Permanent Position|
|Special Conditions:||Employment is subject to the presentation of documentary evidence of the right to work in Australia.
A National Police Records check and Working with Children check may be required throughout your employment with the Trust.
This position may involve some out of hours’ work.
|Reports to:||Finance Accountant|
About the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust
The Kardinia Park Stadium Trust (Trust) is a statutory authority established under the Kardinia Park Stadium Act 2016.
The Trust has been established to administer, promote and manage the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust Land, within an over-arching objective of contributing to the economic, community, and liveability benefits to Geelong, that arise from the use of GMHBA Stadium.
The Trust will be responsible for the end-to-end operations and management of GMHBA Stadium, home of the Geelong Football Club, including:
- Maximising the return on the State Governments past and present investments in the Stadium;
- Ensuring a strategic approach to the development and use of the Stadium;
- Improving operational efficiencies and reducing the operational deficit;
- Proactively attracting and procuring events to the Stadium and the Geelong region;
- Maximise the Stadium’s occupancy and usage; and
- Create strong sustainable partnerships
About the Finance Officer
Reporting to the Finance Accountant, the Finance Officer is responsible for providing accounting and administration support required by the Trust. The Finance Officer will be comfortable with general accounting concepts and principles and work closely with the Finance Accountant to ensure the Finance team is able to deliver on its objectives. They will have a strong attention to detail, be innovative in their approach and have a strong focus on providing quality financial reporting and support.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer, they must be committed to supporting and growing a new business that embraces knowledge sharing, professionalism and high standards of customer care and service.
Accounting & Administration
- Produce and distribute all revenue invoices for the Trust, along with the preparation of monthly debtor reports.
- Manage payments to suppliers of the Trust in a timely manner, including processing EFT payments and issue remittances.
- Advise on cost codes to be used for supplier payments and purchase order preparation.
- Assist the Finance Accountant with Payroll by inputting casual staff timesheets on a timely basis as required each fortnight.
- Prepare weekly bank and monthly credit card reconciliations and assist the Finance Accountant with other balance sheet account reconciliations as required
- Assist the Finance Accountant with Tax and Compliance obligations including IAS, BAS and Payroll Tax where required
- Participate in the annual external audit process, liaising with auditors when required.
- Assist with the development of the Trust’s financial policies, procedures and accounting practices.
- Other accounting and financial reporting duties as required.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of special projects as and when required.
In addition to demonstrating relevant knowledge across the core functional areas of responsibility identified in this Position Overview, candidates applying for the Finance Officer role will require a range of personal and professional skills, including:
- Tertiary qualification in business/accounting or related discipline desirable but not required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in similar role or understanding / knowledge of Finance/ Accounting.
- Previous experience using a main stream accounting system would be an advantage.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A strong customer service orientation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to learn and grow on the job.
Personal, Values and Behavioural Attributes
- High level attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise responsibilities and to work well under pressure
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Possess the intellect, cultural competency and flexibility to work effectively in a collaboratively, values-driven and energetic team.
- Highly goal-orientated with a strong focus on delivery, structure, organisation and inclusiveness.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Finance Accountant
- General Manager – Finance & Corporate Services
An attractive salary will be available to the successful candidate, based on skill level and experience.
This position will be based at Kardinia Park (GMHBA Stadium), in Geelong, Victoria.
Hours of Work
This position is a permanent full time position.
Due to the nature of the role and the industry, some after-hours work including evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
Making an application for this position requires that you consent to the collection, use, storage and destruction of personal information, including details of your referees. This information will assist us to select the best applicant for the vacant position.
At all times during the recruitment and selection process, personal data will be treated in a highly confidential manner.
Documents will only be available to members of the selection committee for the purposes of selecting the best person for the position.
All unsuccessful applicants’ documentation will be destroyed three (3) months after the end of the recruitment process. Please do not send originals of documentation with your application, as they will be destroyed.
Successful applicant details become employment-related information and will be placed on the successful applicant’s Personal File. The Kardinia Park Stadium Trust may release this personal information to third parties such as the superannuation providers, Victorian Workcover and Centrelink for employment related purposes